In the book, I mention that a lot of your personal information is displayed on the TruePeopleSearch web site.
- Opt-Out: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your information to third parties. From January 1, 2020, you can exercise this right through the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link in the footer of our Applications . We do not sell the personal information of minors. Please note that a request to opt-out is, in effect, a request to have your profile removed from the Services.
That is where you can request that your information be removed from public view on that page.
In the privacy statement, TruePeopleSearch says records should be removed from the site “within a few hours” after the request is submitted.
To remove your personal information, follow these instructions:
- Agree to the terms and check the “I’m not a robot button”
- Click the ‘begin’ button
- Search for your record, click on the details button to bring up your record detail
- At the bottom of the record detail page click the ‘remove this record’ button. If you don’t see that button you are either on the wrong page or your session expired (in which case start over)
- You will receive an email with a link, click on the link to confirm your removal request
- Your record will be removed on the site within 72 hours.
(Thanks to Stefanie Marrone for detailing the process)